- NPOWER PHYSICAL VERIFICATION
- NPower Physical Verification Date
- Documents Required During the 2017 Npower Physical Verification
- How the NPower Physical Verification is conducted
- NPower Physical Verification and Preselection Process
NPOWER PHYSICAL VERIFICATION
Npower Verification (ie Npower Physical Verification) commences immediately after you’re pre-selected. To physically verify, Npower is in partnership with National Orientation Agency, and National Youth Service Corps. You’re verified at your local government of residence. READ MORE BELOW.
NPower Physical Verification Date
Npower Physical Verification Date for 2017 pre-selected applicants has been announced. It will now hold between December 4th and 14th, 2017.
Documents Required During the 2017 Npower Physical Verification
- Authentic and valid identity card
- Education Credentials
- Bank print of your BVN details
- Residential permit of your Local Government area.
- Passport photograph
- NYSC discharge certificate
- N-power 2017 online print out with your Reference number
How the NPower Physical Verification is conducted
The NPower programme commenced in 2016. The first 200,000 N-Power beneficiaries were selected from 350,000 Graduate applications.
In 2017, the NPower portal opened up for Graduate applications on the 13th of June. Applications received were 403% more than the Graduate applications received in 2016. As at the time, the application process closed in July 27th, 2017, 2,543,079 people had applied for the N-Power Graduate Programmes.
In 2017, N-Power is committed to improving on the lessons learnt in 2016.
To avoid some payment issues that plague(d) the 2016 beneficiaries, the BVN validation stage was introduced. Here, applicants whose names didn’t match their BVN were precluded from proceeding to the Assessment Test phase stage.
2,258,266 people scaled through the BVN validation stage. They were consequently invited to proceed to the Assessment Test Phase. 1,746, 454 people honoured that invitation.
NPower Physical Verification and Preselection Process
In selecting the 300,000, we took the following into consideration
1. BVN Validation and Online Assessment
2. Achieving equity
3. Linking selection to population using Federal Constituencies
4. Addressing Demand Distribution of Unemployed Graduates
5. Taking into account, Deployment/Utilization issues from 2016
6. Correcting Deployment/Utilization challenges among 2016 N-Power beneficiaries
7. Rural-Urban Distribution Balance. Priority was given to the Rural Areas especially N-Agro applicants
8. Programme Allocation – Teach/Agric/Health
300,000 have been pre-selected for the physical verification stage. Applicants and the General Public must note that pre-selection does not equate Final selection.
Npower Physical Verification Types
1) Age Verification to make sure that you’re still within the ages of 18-35 as at the time of physical verification.
2) Qualification Verification to make sure you’re graduate you claimed you are.
3) NYSC Discharge Certificate. Those who applied with OND, NCE are exempted from this.
4) Residential Verification. You’re verified to be sure you reside in that community.
This is a programme where we deploy you based on your state of residence, because it’s a programme you’re expected to contribute to the development of your community.
5) Employment verification . This is a programme for the unemployed.
Of course if you’re employed you’d be disqualified.
That’s the essence of physical verification.
The N-Power 2017 List Of Successful Shortlisted Applicants is expected to be released in the month of September 2017. The stage after online assessment test is shortlisting of the successful applicants, followed by deployment to state/local government of residence. After deployment comes the verification. So what is N-power verification and where will it take place?
If you have done your N-power test and you are looking forward to the list. While wishing you the best, you should get clue to what comes after that.
According to Npower Physical Verification support team, the processes for this year’s N-power are:
2. BVN Validation
4. Device Selection
6. Npower Physical verification
By now, you had written your test and chosen your device, hence it’s time to proceed to Pre-selection and others.
It is not clear yet, what N-power intends to do with pre-selection but we assume this stage may not be something significant that, N-power may skip it or join it with other stages after. This stage is more or less short-listing stage.
From experience we know about physical verification, selection and deployment. And below is what you should know about the two stages ahead.
2017 NPower Physical Verification Guide
After short-listing comes verification. And this is the physical checking of the credentials of the shortlisted applicants. The N-power team under each state will check all your academic credentials for the category you applied for. This doesn’t mean your course has to match with catgory you applied for.
It means you must be a graduate (NCE, ND, HND, Bsc, MA, LLB, NABTEB) to take part and you must credential backing for what you claimed.
2017 N-Power Deployment Guide
N-power will after the verification, instruct all successful candidates to visit their state of residence and the claimed local government for placement. These applicants will report and be placed to sectors they applied for i.e Health, Agro or Teach.
Meanwhile, N-TAX is different. The successful applicants under TAX will be called for interview at Ministry of Finance Abuja after which they will be placed for work.
NOTE: We want to call the attention of the general public to note the following, especially the 2017 applicants.
- If you are an NCE or OND applicant, make sure you have the certificate or statement of result to be presented on your physical verification day which is not far from now.
- If you are a Degree or HND applicant, make sureyour NYSC discharge certificate is ready to be presented on the day of your physical verification, any one who appears with results but without NYSC certificate will automatically be disqualified without an option of grace.The reason we are carrying out physical verification before final shortlisting of candidates to be employed, is to fetch out such applicants who will increase the shortlisted number without making it in the end.
- Therefore, if you have not met the conditions stated above, kindly do not give yourself the pains of wasting money for all this online processes only to be disqualified in the end.
- We want the general public to be aware that npower is for unemployed GRADUATES and not students.
- Also, physical verification for all 2017 applicants commences immediately after the whole test, location and time will be communicated as time goes on.
- Thank you all.
Find your next job HERE
Also published on Medium.