Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program
Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program: The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Mission Nigeria invites applications for the from qualified Nigerians wishing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education. The objective of the program is to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while providing career or future teachers from abroad the opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency, and expand their knowledge of U.S. society and culture. FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
Access the online application at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta/
Application Closes: September 1, 2017
All applications must meet the following criteria:
• Applications must be completed and submitted online.
• Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
• Other documents to be submitted include academic credentials, signed, and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
• Applicants must be career teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
• Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
• Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS). This will be administered through the Embassy.
• Applicants must be between 21 and 32 years old at the time of application.
• Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and professionalism.
• Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
For further inquiries, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja: email: [email protected] or U.S. Consulate General, #2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos;
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta/ →